Thursday 9 November 2017

Land of Sweets..........Knitvent 2017




Today's the day that the much anticipated Knitvent 2017-The Nutcracker has been released and it was well worth the wait. If you've not heard of Knitvent before, it is a mix of advent calendar and mystery knit-along. It contains six accessories and each week you will receive a new pattern in your Ravelry library. They are perfect designs for quick, hand knitted gifts or as a little treat to yourself.



The first pattern in this wonderful collection is the Land of Sweets Cowl, a stunning design that utilises all those mini's that we have or the yarn advent calendars that we'll be eagerly opening through December.


This fun design is perfect for those cold, winter days worn with a cosy jumper indoors or tucked inside your winter coat when you go for a crisp, winter walk.


With twenty-four sections of lace, rib and stockinette, you won't lose interest in this pretty design, you will always want to get to the next colour. Such a brilliant design for using up all that leftover yarn that we don't know what to do with.


 If you haven't got that many mini skeins or leftovers, not a problem. This pattern is very versatile, find two skeins of yarn and colour block or stripe them, maybe one skein and five minis, knit a fade that is so popular at the minute or even just one colour. You could use fewer colours and make it shorter, whatever you decide, it will look fabulous.


I picked out twenty-four mini skeins weighing approximately 8g each and put them in a project bag, randomly pulling out the next colour. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this knit, when I had some knitting time through the day, this is what I wanted to knit on. I was always really excited to get to the next section and loved each stitch I knit on my cowl.


Some of the sections did use nearly all of the 8g but I mostly used between 5-7g. Each section took me about 30-45 minutes so even during this busy season, you can take some time out for yourself with a cuppa and knit a section or two.


I just think this design is amazing, most of us love these scrappy yarn projects, the most popular being a blanket. I love that this a fairly quick knit and we get this beautiful cowl to wear.

So how will you knit yours? Are you casting on straight away or waiting until December and use your advent calendar? I will definitely be casting on another one using my "yarny" advent calendar, I'd love to hear what you decide to do.

Thank you for stopping by and happy knitting.

xxxxDebxxxx





2 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

You inspired me! I just bought the Knitvent patterns!

Stefanie said...

What a pretty finish.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...