Monday 12 May 2014

Love is in the Air......an Engagement Card.

 

Hi everyone, did you all have a good weekend? I hope all my International friends had a wonderful Mothers Day and got to spend time with their families.

I've got some news for you all, my eldest daughter, Jodie and her boyfriend, got engaged last week. We are all so very happy for them both and what a beautiful ring he has bought for her.

It's been a while since I've made a card but for this special occasion, I had to make them a handmade card, I think Jodie would of been very disappointed if I hadn't!!!!!

I had a small amount of the beautiful lace left over, that I used for the wedding invitations, it's a very wide lace which I added near the bottom of the card. I took a selection of flowers and sprigs of diamantés and pearls, layering them at the bottom right hand corner. Lastly, I added two scalloped, glitter hearts using the Sizzix Framelits, Hearts a Flutter from Stampin' Up and stamped "Congraulations on your engagement" which is by Inspired by Stamping.

Finally, as promised, I have the winner of the Seafoam Shawl to Shrug pattern winner and the winner is..........

Congratulations Larc Yarn, Sarah will be sending your pattern soon via Ravelry.

Thanks for stopping by, have a good week.

xxxxDebxxxx

 

12 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

It's great to see your beautiful work! Congrats to you Mama as well as to Jodie! :-) What wonderful news! Fun times ahead! Yay!

Unknown said...

Aw congratulations :)

Beautiful card!

Amy at love made my home said...

Congratulations to Jodie and her fiancé, I wish them many happy years together!!!

The card that you made them is beautiful! xx

Lynnda said...

beautiful card Deb! and congrats on the engagement of DD! sweet.... hugs x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats to your daughter!! I love love love the card! So GORGEOUS!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Wow, you have some busy and creative and FUN times ahead! The card is simply stunning - you have such a wonderful style about you, everything always turns out so beautifully! Hugs to the bride-to-be, Chrissie x

Catherine said...

Congratulations to you all! How wonderful. I love the card, it is so beautiful.

Catherine said...

Congratulations to you all! How wonderful. I love the card, it is so beautiful.

Stefanie said...

Ho'omaka'i to you all. Lovely ring and beautiful card. Will you be making her wedding invites ^o^?

Jo said...

That is exciting family news celebrated with a beautiful card. Jo x

Ros Crawford said...

Congrats to your daughter!! Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

You card is nothing short of stunning. As is the ring! Congrats to you all!!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...