Thursday 25 July 2013

18th Birthday Book Card.............


Phew, it's been a busy week, with lots of celebrations, including our 25th anniversary, my birthday and last but not least, Paige's 18th. I can't believe my youngest is 18!!!!!! She had a wonderful day, 21 one of us went to Drayton Manor Park and Zoo and hit the rides then had a big family picnic.

I'm going to show you the card, I made for Paige. I used the tutorial from my friend, Gina's blog. Paige loves 50's fashion and loved her card.


After doing the construction of the book, I started decorating, the front cover is using some dress making pattern papers, sorry not sure what company it is, I found it in my stash. I cut a square of red gingham on the front with added "18" chipboard and some tape measure ribbon.



The inside is decorated with G.C.D. Melody Ross Homespun Chic, I love the dresses.



I adhered the tape ribbon around the front of the book and added a little jar of buttons and some cotton reels.


It's week 4 of Our Beautiful World and the theme is DETAILS, so here's a close up of the inside of the card.


Here's a few photo's of the birthday trip.













we got a bit wet on Storm Force 10

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of the week, I hope to be back tomorrow with some FO's.

xxxxDebxxxx

10 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my ... I love that book card ... so adorable!!
Thanks so much for sharing at Our Beautiful World ...
Looks like a fun day ... how I wish I could sit cross legged like your sweet daughter! The ride shots are fabulous though I have a fear of heights and even seeing them made me queasy ... you are brave!

Barbara said...

That book card is awesome! The little details are really... enchanting! So much thought went into this on so many different levels. And the picnic/party looks like you had a blast!

Rose said...

OMG!! this book is AWESOME!!!! happy 18th to your girl :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Happy birthday to Paige, what a wonderful card you've created for your sweet baby, I know, they just grew up so fast, my youngest just turn 18 this year too, and she loves 50s fashion too.
The card is so full of sweet details, thanks for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World, and thank you so much for helping to spread the word around!
Oh ya, the party looks so FUN!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Your book is beautiful! I love the close up of the inside so adorable. It looks like everyone had a fun time at the party. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Paige! Oh, that book box you made for her is exquisite Deb, she must have been over the moon, I know I would be. And please tell her that if she wants to discard of her fabulous shoes, I'd be happy to take them off her, gosh, they are sooooo cool!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

AppleApricot Wen said...

Happy celebrations!! What a wonderful box did you make, a beautiful gift. I love retro! And the detail photo is so cute with the buttons in the little jar... Thank you for sharing your beauties with us at Our Beautiful World :) Hugs, Wendy

Stefanie said...

OMGosh, what a fantastic and clever card/box. It's so cool. 18? Young and pretty. Cute heels.

Unknown said...

What a fantastic celebration, OMG I so want her shoes!!!!!!! love that card and the amazing detail you shared with us at our beautiful world!

Shahrul Niza said...

LOVE that sweet book card!!. Most especially the little jar, bobbins & buttons, OMG be still my heart!. LOVE to see that you and family had a great day, braving the rain :). Thanks for sharing them with us at Our Beautiful World!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...