Tuesday 11 June 2013

Trentham Monkey Forest.........


Good morning, I hope you all had a great weekend. I had one of the nicest for a long time. My eldest daughter lives up Stoke so we don't see that much of her, now. It was a gorgeous, sunny weekend so decided to have a drive up to see her.

I was deciding what we could do to make the most of weather, somewhere we could take a picnic and I remembered seeing signs to Monkey Forest, five minutes from where Jodie lives. I looked on the internet and it looked a fab place to visit.

We took my two nieces so my sister could have a bit of time with the new baby on her own, the two year old was so excited. When we got to her house, she was waiting at the door with her bag, ready to go, I walked up the drive and the first thing she said was " you're late". We were actually 10 minutes late, I don't know how long she'd been waiting there, bless her.





I highly recommend this as a place to visit, whether you are a family, couple friends or just for a nice walk. The monkeys are in  natural surroundings, as much as they possibly can be, there are no cages or fences and just walk around freely. You are asked to keep one metre away but they really are close enough to touch (not that you can).


Some of the females had just given birth and I could of cried with joy when I saw this mother and baby, isn't he adorable? It was so lovely to see these wonderful creatures at close hand in their natural habitat, playing games with each other, jumping around in the tress, feeding. One monkey, literally walked straight past us on the path, without a care in the world.






Spot the monkeys.

After we'd had a walk around the monkey forest, we were all getting hungry so headed to the picnic area. It was a lovely grassy area with picnic tables and a fab play area. 





Olivia had so much fun running around and getting lots of attention from her big cousins.





This place was really geared for families and children with two play areas, one for each age group, nothing was over priced like a lot of attractions. A good day had by all and we will be going back soon.


 A nice refreshing ice-cream after a long, fufilling hot day.


 We couldn't leave without visiting the shop for a souvenir of our day and a little monkey for this sweet baby boy.


Have a great week, my friends and thank you for letting me share my weekend with you.

xxxxDebxxxx

7 comments:

Lynnda said...

WOW...glad you had some quality time with family, Deb... lovely photos.... both your daughters are beautiful... tfs... hugs...x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks like an amazing place!! LOVING all the photos!!

Unknown said...

That looks like a perfect day. I enjoyed all your photos. What a lovely family you have my friend.

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful day with the ohana! That lil' miss is too funny! And what a place to visit. Monkeys walkin' right by you? The baby was adorable. I like the majestic look of these monkey species, epecially how their backsides are nicely covered. We saw a species that had enlarged butt pads and all you could hear were the kids asking, Mommy, what happened there? Your daughters are such lovely young women as well.

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous photos and you had a lovely day for it ... That baby is so gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

What a lovely outing that must have been Deb, such wonderful photos and aawww, the wee one is soooo sweet... Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Mona Pendleton said...

Such gorgeous family photos Deb! Looks like you had an amazing time!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...