Friday 21 December 2012

FO Friday.......A Last Minute Gift.

Hello there, Happy Friday everyone, I'm back today with a FO (finished object), which I will be sharing on Tami's blog, it will be the first time I've played along with FO Friday's.

My friend asked me on Wednesday night, if I would have time to make some fingerless gloves for her MIL, before Christmas, she isn't very well and is feeling the cold, at the moment. I was really struggling for time so had to say no, yesterday though when I had five minutes, I thought I would look on Ravelry, just to see if there was a quick, easy pattern and if I had suitable yarn.That's when I found the pattern for these gloves, they were perfect, I had the yarn and were really quick to crochet.


The pattern is called Lacy Fingerless Gloves by Christie Pruitt, I started them late last night and finished them this morning. I love the pattern so will be making more, I'm so glad I looked for some and got them finished, I'm sure she will love them.I used Rowan Cashsoft 4ply, which is so soft and warm but lightweight too, and hook size 3.50mm.

If you want to see other FO's, head over to Tami's and take a look.


I probably won't have time to do another post so I would like to thank everyone who visits my little blog, I really appreciate all your kind comments that you take the time to leave, so thank you again.

I'd like to wish you and all your family, a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Peaceful New Year.
xxxxDebxxxx

9 comments:

Irene said...

Hi Deb,

Your wrist warmers are brilliant, I love the colour and pattern. I too have been making them - check out my blog.
luv
irene
xxxx

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Very pretty. I love a little something like that - soft, lacy and warm! What a lovely gift.

maree said...

Oh, these are really nice... I think I'll give them a try with the leftover Baby Cashmerino in my stash. And to you a very merry Christmas, Deb!

Nicole said...

That's very sweet to have squeezed in your friends request (especially at such short notice!) and I'm sure she'll be thrilled to bits. I like the colour you picked too :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sweet you are to make these for her!!! I loveeeeeeeeee them!! Merry Christmas!!!

Juls said...

they are fab!! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

Imagine how beautiful they will look on a simple plain white blouse! Lovely crochet work again Deb. Merry Christmas! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Stefanie said...

These are super lovely mitts.

Ros Crawford said...

I'm sure she was delighted! and it must have made you feel better too ... Merry Christmas to you and yours ... XXXXX

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...