Thursday 24 November 2011

Winter Wonderland.......

Hello there, firstly I would like to say a big thank you to all my wonderful friends who left me a comment on my last post, you are all so very kind and thougthful. My brother is on the mend and everyday we can see an improvement in his physical injuries, I think the test will be when he has to go out on his own but I'm sure he'll be ok, he is a very strong man with lots of support.
Every year I buy a new Christmas stamp set and this year I have bought two Winter Wonderland and Christmas Greetings from Inspired by Stamping. I love these snowflake stamps, they work perfectly with the Snowflake Nestibilities. Even though I love to take time over some of my Christmas cards with lots of layering, stitching and inking, I also do a batch of quick & easy cards, where I can get a little production line going, as I have to make so many. Here's this years quick card:


I stamped the two different snowfakes onto white card in SU Baja Breeze ink and covered with some glitter film, I used the snowflake Nestibilties to cut them out, layered them with a 3D foam pad and added a rhinestone to the centre. I then stamped the sentiment from the Christmas Greetings set in SU Real Red ink.  Joanna is offering FREE SHIPPING on all stamps anywhere in the world,today (24th November) and Friday 25th November, just use discount code IBSFREE, you don't get that anywhere very often !!!!

Happy Thankgiving to all my friends across the pond, have a wonderful day.
xxxxDebxxxx

17 comments:

Kashi said...

Hi Deb,
I was thinking about you and your family this morning and wondering how your brother is doing. Glad to hear he is on the mend.
Thank you for wishing us Americans a Happy Thanksgiving. It is my personal favorite of the holidays.
I love your Christmas cards. So pretty. Always look forward to your posts.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Glad to hear your Brother is on the mend!! That is AWESOME!! I loveeeeeeeeeee your card! That snowflake is GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

The Craft Giraffe said...

That card is beautiful. Did you ever crochet something like a snowflake in fine thread and add it to a card? Its good to hear your brother is on the mend. That must be a big relief.

Julie J said...

Love your card and glad your Bro' is getting better.

Unknown said...

So glad to hear your brother is doing better now Deb, your family's loving care has been a huge help, no doubt. Your snowflake card is gorgeous, love that dash of blue! Ira x

Ros said...

I'm so glad to hear your Brother is on the mend ... Let's hope he'll soon be fully recovered and with the support of his family he will overcome this ... I love your card ... so pretty ... Sending a hug

Joanne said...

So pleased to hear that your Brother is getting better.
Your snowflake card is lovely, and I love the sparkly deer peaking out from behind.

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful Deb! That layered snowflake is stunning!

Stefanie said...

Cute card; you've inpsired me to be more creative with my daugthers' mahalo cards.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous card, and oh what's that i see peeking around the side?oh a glittery reindeer just like mine ;)

Lynnda said...

I am so glad to hear your Brother is on the mend...gorgeous CAS card...hugs...xoxo

Stefanie said...

Spot on Deb! "Mahalo" means thank you in Hawaiian.

Lisa said...

I have SUCH a long way to go ;-)

I wish my individual cards looked half as good as this "production" line one of yours ;-)

GORGEOUS!

farmhouse-story said...

so glad to hear he is on the mend-i wish he a quick and full recovery.

sweet little card, too:)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card.... I am so happy to hear you brother is on the mends.... I still can't believe that happened. I am sure you family feels the same way! I will still keep you and your family in my prayers..

Hugs, Linda

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Simple and nice, the sentiment is lovely too!

jacirascrap said...

Seu floco de neve ficou super...um cartão simples e belo!!!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...