Thursday 26 May 2011

My First Finished Crochet Projects......

It's so cold today here in the U.K. I think the April showers have come late and waited for May !!!! The only thing to do is to stay in and do some crafting. I've been practising my crochet skills the last couple of evenings and like I said in this post I've started a blanket but struggle with a pattern,well I've cracked it !!!
Here was my first attempt at a pattern, it's the apple cosies from Mollie Makes,I'm getting my money's worth from this magazine.

photo courtesy of Mollie Makes


Here's mine,they are probably quite pointless but so cute,I gave this one to my 8 year old neice and she was thrilled with it, it went straight in her school lunch box.


I then attempted these baby Mary Janes from  Crochet in No Time by Melody Griffiths, it's a great book and have just started a baby hat from it.
I told you all that I was going to Shrewsbury last Saturday,well I had a great day with my family,Jodie came with us so it was nice that I had both my girls with me which doesn't happen very often. Shewsbury is a beautiful old town and has the usual High Street stores but also beautiful independant shops and great bars and restaurants. My first stop was Paperchase where I love to browse at all the funky stationery, I purchased some Airmail wrapping paper which will be great for backgrounds. My Hubby and girls indulged me and was quite happy to go wherever I wanted,we stopped off at a traditional english tearoom which was very quaint.



We then stopped for lunch at The Lion & Pheasant, look how they served the chips in a miniature frying pan,love it !!!!



We traipsed through every charity shop in the town looking for dress patterns and sheet music, would you believe the very last shop we looked in had this little stash,I had the three patterns for £1,bargain,think how many flowers I'll be able to make,the ladies in the shop looked at me gone out when they realised I wasn't going to make a dress but to use them to make flowers,lol.


Don't forget you've still got time to enter this month's challenge over at Scrapbookers Anonymous.

Enjoy your day.
xxxxDebxxxx

14 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my! Those apple cosies are totally and utterly adorable! I think I neeeed to try that!

Sounds like a great day - I miss that kind of thing.

See you at the crop! Yippee that I can come!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! So beautiful!!! Apples in clothes are so cute!!!

Juls said...

awhhhhh, your little apple cover is the cutist thing ever!!!! and the little booties are adorable!!! you are such a creative wonder! Hugs Juls

Lea said...

Those apple cosies are adorable! How sweet that your niece loved hers! Shrewsbury sounds like a great place to spend the day!

farmhouse-story said...

oh, deb, these are adorable! i'm a bit jealous, cuz, i've tried and tried to do the crocheted doilies for my card, and cannot do it! your day out with family looks fun:)

JulieJ said...

I love crochet - it grows so much quicker than knitting. I'll have to share my Mollie makes soon - half way through a blue check chihauhau.

Unknown said...

I love those cute crochet apple cozies.. They are adorable.. I am camping in California so of course I brought my crocheting along.. Been working on like a made women (on a afghan).. Still have along way to go..

Hugs, Linda

Lynnda said...

I love those cute crochet apple cozies.. They are adorable.. I used to do crocheting too... but I guess now... its left abundant!!!! HAH... hugs..xoxo

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, FINALLY I can comment! I LOVE this post! LOVE your apple cozies and your daughter with the tea! LOVE the basket of what i would call fries and LOVE your pattern story! I wish I could hang out with you! You are so much FUN!

Ros said...

Love those little booties and apple covers ... you really did crack it! And I love the airmail paper too .. as for patterns ... I used to do a lot of dress making many years ago so I am never short of patterns ... I hoard everything!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh how darling Deb! I especially love the baby booties!

Unknown said...

oh my the apple looks delightful in your cozy, the shoes, I wish I was a baby and your newfound stash is awesome!

Unknown said...

Wow, your cute little booties look awesome! Glad you found the patterns you wanted!

Theresa said...

i love your apple cozy. so cute. you are doing well.. i've been meaning to try my hand at it too. and what a great stash. never thought of looking for patterns while thrifting. very cool idea. =)

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...