Wednesday 6 October 2010

CCCB Week #25 - Horray for the Holidays

This week it is Cheryl's turn to host over at City Crafter Challenge Blog and the challenge is to create an holiday project,you can pick ANY holiday and create ANY kind of project for it.I choose to do a Christmas card with a matching tag.






I machine stitched around the edge of the DP and distressed using Crumb Cake and Choc Chip ink,I scrunched the ribbon by hand stitching a running stitch and pulling.I added a touch of glitter to the baubles,everything I used was from Stampin' Up.

Supplies
Cardstock - Crumb Cake,Real Red
DP- Christmas Jingle,Newsprint
Ink - Crumb Cake,Real Red,Chocolate Chip
Stamp Sets - Tree Trimmings
Other - Real Red Satin Ribbon,Dazzling Diamond Glitter,Basic Pearls

A few weeks ago I sent Ros some crafting goodies for her Thursday Club where she teaches crafts to special need adults.This afternoon I had a lovely surprise when the postman delivered a parcel,it was full of thank you cards from everyone at Thursday Club.I was so touched at how much effort went into the cards and the messages inside,so thank you to each and everyone of you.
Here are their beautiful creations.



Thanks for stopping by !!!
xxxxDebxxxx

10 comments:

Lisa said...

This card and tag are adorable - can't believe Christmas is just around the corner again already. Scary but great to get ahead with Christmas cards.

Beautiful thank you cards! Haven't they made some lovely ones for you?

Ros said...

Aww! Thank you for posting them Deb ... they will be thrilled when I tell them ... Love your Christmas card and tag ... so very elegant ... a real treat for CCCB

Juls said...

Just beautiful! I love the musical detail on your tag and card! Hugs Juls

Lynnda said...

Simply beautiful Deb love all the details used... Fantastic...xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a lovely pair, I love that dangling ornaments, so pretty!
Isn't that so cool to received a box full of thank you cards?

Susanne said...

Great card and tag. You know I think I've become a convert to kraft cardstock once Stampin Up started calling theirs crumb cake. I guess my sweet tooth is connected to my scrapping hands - well, at least in my mind??

Unknown said...

Hi Deb, Your card and tag are so pretty, I just love all those little pearls.. So glad you joined us this week at CCCB!

Stella said...

Classic, elegant and I love love love it.
The colors are fabulous together; I love a combo of kraft paper and colors. And the result is just breathtaking.
It's always lovely to visit your blog!
Hugs,
Stella

Anonymous said...

wow deb you are so productive at the moment!!! so gald you have a blog now to share! really hoping one of those beautiful xmas cards has my name on it :)

cnelson said...

Perfectly LOVELY!! thank you for joining us at CCCB!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...